Today is day #30 without a sip of alcohol. Some things I’ve consciously noticed:
- I’m projecting, but I feel like I may be experienced as ‘boring’.
- I feel a little lonely.
- I dread upcoming social situations as I’ve yet to confront my decision with my closest friends. I’m not feeling completely prepared…yet.
- I feel great physically, mentally and spiritually.
- There have been no bouts of depression.
- I’m way more productive; e.g., work, projects around the house, etc.
- My confidence levels have been up, and consistent.
- I’ve been more present, especially with my family.
- The one friend (besides my wife, brother and dad) that I have opened to has been extremely supportive.
- This decision has brought my brother and dad closer to me. We’re all talking and acknowledging this challenge.
- I have not craved the taste, or the feeling of being drunk. Not once.
- I feel more social. I’m more open to striking up conversations with others.
- I’ve taken a few more risks (positive risks – tied to confidence).
- My mornings are the best.
- My levels of curiosity are off the charts. Can’t seem to read enough.
- I’ve been inspired to adjust some additional parts of my diet.
- I’m more driven than ever.
- I’ve been a better human being.
- I’m excited for what’s possible.
Overall assessment: Winning!